Statistics demonstrate LCA member companies’ commitment to Louisiana.
- The chemical industry alone is responsible for $517 million in state taxes collected each year.
- LCA member companies directly employ more than 27,000 Louisianans.
- For every chemical industry job in Louisiana, an additional 5.5 jobs are created.
- Chemical industry jobs are high paying with an average wage of $84,451.
- This average is 47 percent higher than the average manufacturing wage.
- Snapshot of the Chemical Industry in Louisiana by the American Chemistry Council (Download PDF)